Organizations are constantly facing pressure to improve efficiencies, optimize business processes and reduce costs. Research from Gartner and Forrester state:
- Over 1 billion paper copies are made each day.
- Over 4 trillion paper documents exist in the US
- 90% of the world’s data has been created in the last two years – and growing by 22%.
So are electronic documents the answer? Does your company have data chaos with searches, duplication, and managing paper, faxes, email and other types of electronic documents?
Document Capture and Indexing (associating metadata) is an essential first step to successfully manage your enterprise documents. Q-Action® Capture from QFlow Systems® can help you on your road to becoming paperless.
The importance of intelligent capture:
- Centralized and standardized capture of all types of documents (paper, fax, email, and electronic) is critical to ensure fulfillment of security and records management requirements.
- An overall indexing strategy makes your documents easy to find and use. QFlow Systems® can help you create a taxonomy that is enterprise-wide, with an agreed-upon standardized list of terms created to ensure consistent tagging and indexing of documents.
- Configure your unique data requirements with Q-Action® business objects. Business objects provide a single source of truth lookup database to ensure data integrity and to simplify user input. Populate business object data through API service calls, from an external system (e.g. data warehouse), or by end-users with the appropriate privileges.
- Sometimes keeping paper is cost-effective, Q-Action® can capture and track those boxes of paper electronically with all your electronic information in one central location. Q-Action® tracks requests for, the current location of, and processes the return of the paper back to storage.
Automate Document Ingestion and Indexing
Based on your needs, QFlow Systems® can automate large portions of your centralized document ingestion process. QFlow has implemented comprehensive advanced recognition and extraction processes reducing manual processing by over 80%.
- Paper – leverage a combination of bar codes, QR codes, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to automatically separate, classify, and store digitized document content in a searchable format.
- Emails – automatically store and route emails sent to shared mailboxes with the appropriate metadata.
- Faxes – automatically store and route faxes based on fax number.
Enterprise Scanning and Indexing
Q-Action® supports both a centralized or decentralized environment with the ability to handle high volumes. Your remote/telework employees can scan from their location. If you have multiple office locations, offices can ship boxes to a high-volume centralized processing facility. For large backfile scanning needs, QFlow partners with conversion services companies to scan and index your paper.
Q-Action® provides full control over which organizations and classifications scanning and indexing operators are assigned to process. This allows the scanning and indexing of a department’s documents to be performed from any location.
Summary of Benefits
Document Scanning is an efficient option for businesses for a wide variety of reasons. Here are just five examples.
- More Office Space – Converting file cabinets and boxes of paper to an efficient electronic document management system will free up expensive real estate space.
- Secure Document Storage – Data security is a key issue for businesses to consider. There is a greater risk of paper documents being damaged, stolen or lost thru fire, flood or theft.
- Environmentally Friendly – reduce or eliminate the use of paper
- Improve Customer Service – Easy to find, digitized documents quickly improve customer service. Reduce customer support time and improve customer satisfaction. Both convert to repeat customers and new business.
- Save Time – reducing employee search time can have a huge improvement in productivity. Employees tracking workflow processes in spreadsheets and searching thru corporate drives can waste precious time and cause frustration.
Return on Investment (ROI) – If you can eliminate just 20 minutes a day of searching for documents/information for 25 employees – you save a full 8 hours of work every day. Do more with less stress on your people.